Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2011 04:51:38 -0400
From:      "J. Hellenthal" <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "No such file or directory" in daily setuid checks

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 07:24:03AM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Files/directories do exist, however:
>
>kaos % ll /usr/backup/hourly.14/orion/usr/
>total 4
>drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  5 Apr 23 17:01 home
>drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  5 Apr 23 17:01 local

Hi Glen, ;)

By chance do you have these properties set on the pool or datasets:
	listsnaps (zpool property)
	snapdir (zfs property)

	A ( ls -A ) in the offending directory should verify this by
	showing a hidden snapdir that would normally not be shown. It
	might be wise to update the script to just not take those
	special directories into consideration unless some rc_var is
	turned on.

	Recommended naming convention for the var:
		? daily_status_security_chksetuid_snapdir_recursive=3D"NO"

If so can you flip these off and test it again by running the same
commands that are run in the 100.chksetuid script ?

Actually I just looked over the script, "That syntax is just fuggin
crazy"

( find /path/to/offending/directory ) should do it.

--=20

 Regards,
 J. Hellenthal
 WWJD