Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 1996 10:44:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject:   Re: PDF viewers

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Luigi Rizzo said
> >
> > I got this message from an unrelated list.  It's a pdf viewer which
> > seems to work reasonably well, and it's probably faster than using
> > ghostscript (and certainly much smaller). Worth a try, and possibly
> > making it a package.
> >
> > > The xpdf home page is:
> > > http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/dn0o/xpdf/xpdf.html
> > >

> 	chuck robey has already ported this app.  it works but is still
> 	"not quite there".   hopefully it will continue to improve ;)

I integrated the fix you suggested, John, but I ignored one thing: I (and
I bet you, too) have X11 aliases for our X11R6 dirs, and the sources all
pointed to X11.  It would have failed without some fixes that Bill Fenner
stuck in and sent to me.  I encouraged Bill to send the fixes then to
Satoshi, but I haven't heard from either Bill or Satoshi.  I cc'ed
Satoshi to this, and if he tells me he hasn't heard from Bill Fenner,
I'll send the fixes myself.  I dunno where it hangs right now.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |