Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2013 04:45:52 GMT
From:      Christopher Harrison <harrison@biostat.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/181002: zpool import fails after export

>Number:         181002
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       zpool import fails after export
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD grus.biostat.wisc.edu 9.2-BETA2 FreeBSD 9.2-BETA2 #0 r253698: Sat Jul 27 18:22:20 UTC 2013     root@bake.isc.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

After creating a zpool in 9.2-beta2 after export, I am unable to import the zpool do to the following error:

cannot import 'ztemp': pool is formatted using a newer ZFS version

I am using raidz2 vdev's but I would expect this error would occur on all vdevs
>How-To-Repeat:
steps:
glabel drives
    glabel label disk00 da0
    glabel label disk01 da1
    glabel label disk02 da2
    glabel label disk03 da3
gnop create -S 4096  (4k align drives)
    gnop create -S 4096 /dev/label/disk0[0-3]
create a new zpool with nop device
    zpool create ztemp raidz2 label/disk00.nop label/disk01.nop label/disk02.nop label/disk03.nop log gpt/zil.nop
export newly created zpool
    zpool export zpool
destroy the 4k nop devices
    gnop destroy /dev/label/disk0[0-3].nop
try to import the zpool
    zpool import -d /dev/label -d /dev/gpt ztemp
cannot import 'ztemp': pool is formatted using a newer ZFS version
>Fix:
update the zpool import code to allow the newer zpool version to be "imported" properly