Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:02:11 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "John Nielsen" <stable@jnielsen.net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4-FontServer won't build under 4.6-p2

At 2:41 PM -0600 7/15/02, John Nielsen wrote:
>I'm seeing this on two different machines, both running 4.6-RELEASE-p2
>(fresh install of 4.6 followed by an installworld over NFS).
>I'm not sure if the problem is with the port or the p2 release
>(it seems like I successfully built X recently on a different
>machine).  Has anyone else seen this?  Any ideas what to do
>about it?  Wraphelp.c is being fetched properly, and other parts
>of XFree86-4 built fine.  Any input would be appreciated. :)
>
>Here's the tail end of the build output:
      [...skipping...]

>Unwrap.c: In function `XdmcpUnwrap':
>Unwrap.c:70: warning: implicit declaration of function `_XdmcpAuthSetup'
>Unwrap.c:79: warning: implicit declaration of function `_XdmcpAuthDoIt'
>make: don't know how to make Wraphelp.c. Stop
>*** Error code 2
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-FontServer/work/xc/lib.

You say that "Wraphelp.c is being fetched properly".  Fetched by who?
Where did you put it?

I suspect this is a temp oversight in the latest XFree86-4 ports.
I ran into this last night, and in my case I just did the quick-fix
workaround of copying Wraphelp.c (which I had downloaded) into the
proper directory under
   /usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-FontServer/work/xc

there is some README or INSTALL file there which said where it
had to go.  I then cd'ed into that
   /usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-FontServer/work/xc
directory and did the "make".  I then cd'ed into
   /usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-FontServer
and did the 'make install && make clean'

This seemed to get me going, on freebsd-current.  This is the first
time I've been able to rebuild all of X on -current in quite a few
weeks, and I was very happy to see all the recent work on the
XFree86-4 ports!