Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 23:44:29 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, HARDWARE@freebsd.org, rberndt@nething.com, WELCHDW@wofford.edu
Subject:   Re: isa bus and boca multiport boards

>so should I commit my changes that allow the sio to set 16550's to a
>trigger level of 8?  and possibly make it more generic than it already
>is and allow people to define the resulting fifo level of the uart?

I think it should default to "medium" (FIXO_RX_MEDH) if NSIO > 4
and there should be ioctls to change both the receiver trigger
level and transmitter fifo size (NetBSD users recently reported
problems with external devices not being able to handle 16 bytes
of buffering in the transmitter, because CTS flow control doesn't
work for bytes that have been put in the tx fifo).  The ioctls
should be supported by comcontrol(8).

Bruce