Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:04:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-followup

On 22-Aug-01 Mike Tancsa wrote:

> You didnt by chance change the Stripe size from the default of 64 did you?
> I remember doing this _once_ and it caused me no end of grief.
> Just looking at one of the production RAID10 boxes I have. Its a win2k
> server running MS-SQL... Pretty busy and very busy in bursts when billing
> for 10,000 users gets run twice a month. Its a 6400 card, Firmware
> 1.0043.003. BIOS is BEXX 1.04.00.009
>
> It has been in service for some time now without any problems. I have a
> couple of RAID 10 devices on FreeBSD, but I dont have access to them right
> now to see which firmware they are running.
>
>          ---Mike

 Nope.. All standard.
 You will have to admit however that FreeBSD can beat on periferals much more
so than Win2000 :)

  Nicole

> Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
> Network Administration,                           mike@sentex.net
> Sentex Communications                             www.sentex.net
> Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike

   *    Nicole Harrington | AKA Hodge Podge          *
  nicole@unixgirl.com           http://www.unixgirl.com/
  webmistress@dangermouse.org   http://www.dangermouse.org/
  nicole@deviantimages.com      http://www.deviantimages.com/