Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:44:31 -0800
From:      "Keith Beattie" <ksbeattie@gmail.com>
To:        "Lowell Gilbert" <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error building desktop-file-utils

On 11/18/06, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> What version of emacs do you have installed?

Interesting:
# pkg_info | grep -i emacs
emacs-21.3_9        GNU editing macros
xemacs-packages-14.1_1 Basic XEmacs elisp packages(xemacs-packages)
zile-2.2.22         Small emacs-like text editor

The xemacs-packages was left over from me switching back to emacs from
xemacs (because it crashed consistently when using C-k - but that too is
another post) so I pkg_deinstalled xemacs-packages, tried portupgrade -a and
got the same failure in desktop-file-utils.  So I pkg_deinstalled emacs,
portinstalled it, tried portupgrade -a again and it worked!

Thanks for your help in asking the right question!
ksb