Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 23:31:45 +0100
From:      David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Airport 1.4.3

--==_Exmh_1331088908P

Hi,

I am trying to install the 'net/airport' port under FreeBSD 4.3, so
that I can manage mt Lucent RG-1000 gateway, but I am having several
problems.

After the install which completed with no errors, on trying to run
any of the commands, for example 'airport', I got error messages that
'libxpg.so.3' was missing. I, with a friends assistance, tracked this
missing library to the comact3.x area of my CVS tree. I checked out
the missing file and installed it. Then I was told that I was now
missing 'libc.so.3'. Again this was in the compact3.x part of my CVS
tree so I extracted it and installed it. By the way both these
complaints were coming from java not the 'airport' port.

Now when I try and run the airport script in /usrlocal/bin and it now
complains that class files are missing. The port installed some
'*.jar' files in the /usr/local/share/java directory, but nothing in
the classes subdirectory nor any where else on the system that I can
find.

If I try and run the script '/usr/local/bin/airport' the error is
'Can't find class AirportBaseStationConfigurator' or script
'/usr/local/bin/airmodem' the error is 'Can't find class
AirportBaseStationHangup' or script '/usr/local/bin/hostmon' the
error is 'Can't find class HostMonitor' and finally the script
'/usr/local/bin/linkmon' the error is 'Can't find class LinkMonitor'

Are these class files missing from the port tarball as are they not
required or are they required and the problem is I have missed doing
something else during the install procedure.

I have tried looking for a precompiled package on ftp.freebsd.org, to
see if the files were available, but I couldn't find it.

Has any one any experience of this port and how to get it to work,
any assistance would be most appreciated.

David Dooley

--==_Exmh_1331088908P

--==_Exmh_1331088908P--