Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:18:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        pantzer@ludd.luth.se (Mattias Pantzare)
Cc:        vallo@matti.ee, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newpcm problems with GUS PnP

Mattias Pantzare wrote...

> > Splay is affected, too. Plays both wav and mp3 files at half speed.
> > Xaudio works fine, also mpg123 as you noted. I have ordinary GUS PnP,
> > with 1MB of memory. Just FYI.
>
> Try the patch in problem report 14372.
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=14372)

Thanks, that fixed pcmplay.  It makes sense, since pcmplay first sets
stereo, and then later the format.

Unfortunately, though, this doesn't fix all of my problems with newpcm.

I suppose I can reassign your PR to one of the maintainers, to get their
attention...it doesn't look like Cameron Grant has been doing much in the
past month or so on newpcm, but Seigo Tanimura has.

So who is the newpcm maintainer?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry