Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 00:07:40 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UT under FreeBSD 4.1-S

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 10:40:22AM +0100, Mark Powell wrote:

> I pin-pointed this down to a bad patching of the UT to v4.13a. Sorry.
>
> Anyone managed to get UT playing under FreeBSD as a game, rather than a
> server? Or am I going to have to install RedHat? <sigh>

Yes, I'm playing UT 4.13 as a game in FreeBSD 4.0-Stable :-). As a funny
side note, I also have RedHat 6.1 on the same machine and it doesn't work
there, because I don't know how to get the 3dfx thing going. It complains
that it can't find the voodoo card... I had the exact same problem in FBSD 3.4
but it went away after upgrading to 4.0.
However, I recently tried a network game and that didn't work :-(, though I'm
sure that I once played a network game, most probably it was UT 4.00.

> Also, has anyone managed to get the UT v4.25 patch to apply. It's heavily
> Linux based and seems to core dump.

No, I didn't try yet... but I'll certainly do when I have time for it,
which is in one or two weeks. How did you go from 4.00 to 4.13? I used
the xdiff from the FreeBSD ports collection and used it on the linux binaries
which seems to have worked.

Karel.