Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/resume regression with latest ACPI code

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> I'm seeing a suspend/resume regression with the latest ACPI code.  Last
> known good kernel was from April 12th, so that was before the import of
> ACPI CA 20040402.
>
> The box in question is a ThinkPad T40, and with the old kernel, I could
> perfectly suspend/resume my laptop.  Now, only the first suspend/resume
> cycle works; if I try afterwards, it immediately wakes up again after
> suspending.  No errors or otherwise suspiscous output.
>
> I'm not sure if this could be related to the PCI changes from Warner.

Just a quick status report.  A hacked version of a new ACPI import does
fix things and I can suspend/resume multiple times just fine.  The issue
is with wake GPE handling.  I don't think it is the power code at all.  In
fact, the BAR restoration allows my console video to work after resume
now whereas before only X worked.

-Nate