Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 14:33:16 +0100
From:      Miroslav Kes <mkes@ra.rockwell.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Micro$oft specific CDROM file system ?

Hi all

I have box with 3.0 release which has CD changer (Nakamichi MJ 5.16). We
use this box as our main (Samba) fileserver in our ofice. We naturaly
wanted to use the CD changer as a shared CDROM. When I mount CDs with
some MS stuff the only file I can see is a README file which says:

"This disc contains Unicode file names and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-9660 "Joliet" CD-ROM file system specification
such as Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows NT 4.0."

Does it mean that Micro$oft created (as usually) their own "standard"
solution incompatible with anything else? Is there any way to work
around?

Thanks

Mira
|                     Miroslav Kes                          |
| Rockwell Automation Ltd.   | tel.:   (+420) 2 2425 6913   |
| Research Center Prague     | fax:    (+420) 2 250467      |
| Americka 22                | e-mail: mkes@ra.rockwell.com |
| 120 00 Praha 2 - Vinohrady |                              |
| Czech Republic             |                              |