Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:41:37 +0200
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Corosync and Pacemaker in FBSD: anyone really using this?

--00000000000044434d061752359f

Hi all,

I've been trying to get some simple clusters to work for about a month now.
But it all seems very unstable. I got a pgsql master/slave working but with
the recent minor version update, new clusters aren't working anymore.

These pacemaker/corosync/crmsh ports seem more like a curiosity, and many
things are not working as expected. I mean, I love and appreciate the fact
that someone is trying to make this work here, but it seems very Linux
oriented and not very stable on FBSD, much less in jails. When you ask on
the Clusterlabs groups/lists, it seems they could care less about its use
on FreeBSD.

Is anyone really using this in the wild ?

And if not, are there any HA projects specifically for FreeBSD ?

I am seriously thinking about dropping this and developing myself, but I
don't want to reinvent the wheel, nor duplicate efforts. Was thinking on
something much simpler using Perl POE, CARP, ZFS, and other HA-related
pieces already avail for FBSD. and just ripping ideas from the heartbeat
resource adapters, which is where most of the "intelligence" of pacemaker
is.

Thinking of an HA toolkit specifically crafted for FreeBSD and jails.

Any comments, ideas welcome!!

TIA!

--
Alex

--00000000000044434d061752359f

e simple clusters to work for about a month now. But it all seems very unst=
able. I got a pgsql master/slave working but with the recent minor version =
/div><div>These pacemaker/corosync/crmsh ports seem more like a curiosity, =
and many things are not working as expected. I mean, I love and appreciate =
the fact that someone is trying to make this work here, but it seems very L=
inux oriented and not very stable on FBSD, much less in jails. When you ask=
 on the Clusterlabs groups/lists, it seems they could care less about its u=
iously thinking about dropping this and developing myself, but I don&#39;t =
want to reinvent the wheel, nor duplicate efforts. Was thinking on somethin=
g much simpler using Perl POE, CARP, ZFS, and other=C2=A0HA-related pieces =
already avail for FBSD. and just ripping ideas from the heartbeat resource =
adapters, which is where most of the &quot;intelligence&quot; of pacemaker =

--00000000000044434d061752359f--