Date:      13 Feb 2001 21:10:30 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSupd and now my src directory is gone

Hi again all,

Sorry to bug, but the migration from Linux to FreeBSD is taking longer
than I had planned. My main issue at the moment is with cvsup.

I did a cvsup with the sample file referenced in the Handbook
(Advanced Topics, tracking stable). I changed the host line to
*default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org

I also changed the release line to
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_2

I then did a cvsup STABLE-supfile (the name of the supfile that I
created). After finding my empty source tree, I also tried
cvsup -g -L 2 STABLE-supfile

It ran for quite a while saying that it was deleting things. Then it
exited. Now the only 2 directories in my /usr/src directory are CVS
and contrib.
Everything else is gone!

Oh, in case it helps,
src-all is uncommented as the sample supfile suggests.

I'm confused! I just want to track stable so that I can get OpenSSH
2.3.0 installed to fix a security hole.

Any help would be _MUCH_ appreciated!

--
- Wayne Pascoe