Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:42:59 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        Sam Lawrance <lawrance@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/87984: net/samba3 registers phantom dependencies

On Nov 14, 2005, at 6:45 AM, Sam Lawrance wrote:

> These are normal packaging dependencies.  All dependencies of a
> package are registered; not just the immediate dependencies
> listed in the port.

If that were the case, then why were those ports listed as
dependencies not actually installed on my system?  I know that a port
lists the dependencies of all of the ports on which it depends, and
that is normal.  In this case, there are dependencies that do not
exist on my system, and never have.  Besides none of the other ports
on my system list them as dependencies, only samba3 does.