Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 10:56:08 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   upgrade to 2.1.7

G'day all,

I'm in the middle of an upgrade to 2.1.7 from 2.1.6, yesterday the line
dropped out and I couldn't re-connect so I tried starting again and didn't
select the distributions that had already been upgraded but when it
finished I got an error saying it couldn't find /etc/fstab and that it
wasn't too happy about it. Any suggestions and what does fstab do anyway?

So i've started the upgrade again (i'm testing this on my home machine
before upgrading my brother-in-law's proxy server so it doesn't matter if
i stuff it at home as long as i've worked it out by the time I upgrade his
machine!) and now on <alt><f2> i've seend a few of these:

/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/chpass Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/chfn Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/chsh Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/ypchpass Operation not
permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/ypchfn Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/ypchsh Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/login Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/rdist Operation not permitted
/stand/cpio: cannot remove current /usr/bin/su Operation not permitted

does this mean i'm going to have problems? should i download the sources
as well and make world?

thanks in advance
andrew perry
andrew@shoal.net.au