Date:      Sun, 23 May 2004 13:05:22 +0400
From:      Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        -=Nihr0M=- <nihrom@rambler.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP takes the system over :(

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:36:16AM +0400,
 -=3DNihr0M=3D- probably wrote:
> Hello Lowell Gilbert!=20
>=20
> Yes, I have a vterminal open (konsole), but it does change nothing...
> I can open another virtual term, but only when my network activity is=20
> close to zero.

If you mean the 'k' in 'konsole', that probably wasn't the VT you were
asked to switch. Did you try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2, for instance?
=20
[skip hideously wrapped top output]

> that nice of ppp is my doing - I thought it would take less resources=20
> - no result.
> And at that moment I downloaded a file...

Could you try it with no extraneous stuff, like KDE, running?

--=20
DoubleF
"Now this is a totally brain damaged algorithm.  Gag me with a
smurfette."
		-- P. Buhr, Computer Science 354

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--