Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:51:30 +0200
From:      <Ext-Jani.Kaarela@nokia.com>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: cvsd-0.9.6

I recently installed the port, but I must admit I found it a bit lacking =
because:
- it should (at least optionally) build a static version of cvs to avoid =
problems with libs (for example, ld-elf.so.1 was not found, and manually =
fixing the dynamic library issues is a pain in the ass)
- the cvsd-buildroot script should chown stuff to the cvsd user and =
preferably init the repository (I admit this is more the author's than =
porter's fault, but something that should be done anyway)
- IIRC, cvsd-buildroot didn't succeed in making a dev/null in the jail =
(propably tried to do it the Linux way)
- the cvsd.sh startup script referred to a Debian Linux specific prog, =
start-stop-daemon, and thus didn't work at all until I modified it
- references to README shoud preferably mention it's location

While I'm extremely thankful for every single port there is, I simply =
don't think this port currently meets the high standards I have learnt =
to expect from ports. I hope my whining is considered constructive =
criticism and the issues addressed. :) Thanks.

Best regards,

Jani Kaarela
A spoiled FreeBSD user