Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 22:15:36 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@mi.uni-koeln.de>
To:        Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com>, Calvin Yee <calvin@xe.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ncr timeout w/ RELENG_3

On 1999-03-01 16:44 -0500, Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com> wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > I too have the same problem w/ the "ncr0: timeout nccb= xxxxxxxx (skip)"
> > error message.
> > Did anyone respond to your email?  Do you know have a solution?
>
> No, Cal, to both questions. Matt Jacob tells me that no one
> wants to "own" that driver. My take is that if someone modifies it
> they should at least own their changes :-\

Sorry, but is this the NCR 53c8xx driver you are talking about ?

Sure, I think I'm still "owning" it, though my spare time is very
limited and I only manage to scan my mail about every second weekend.
(I have been maintaining the driver for so may years now, and was the
co-author, when it was originally written in 386BSD times ;-)
I did not have the time to work on porting the driver to CAM (except
for some feedback sent to Justin Gibbs about his changes.

But there are people reading the mail-lists, that used to forward any
questions regarding the driver ...

Anyway, I missed your original messages, but will try to locate it in
previous weeks' unread mail. This reply is just meant to tell that I
took notice of your problems.

Regards, STefan