Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 06:02:03 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A new SNAPshot is finally on current.freebsd.org

I finally nursed one through to completion last night.  I had to do
several things to make it work, however, one of which was to disable
docs and the other (more serious) being to remove MSDOSFS from the
floppy kernel.  This disables installations from DOS partitions until
I figure out another way of reclaiming some space, but I figured that
an installable snapshot would be worth-while in any case, DOS install
or no DOS install.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have snapshots for the rest of the BETA period
now, and I've just changed the naming convention to 3.0-YYYYMMDD-BETA
to signify that fact.  Once 3.0 is released, we'll go back to the SNAP
naming convention.

- Jordan