Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian McGroarty <bvmcg@yahoo.com>
To:        SUR <marisombra@mindspring.com>, Brian McGroarty <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: The $500 Performance Question

The regular FastTrak required that you access the drive through
BIOS routines or load a special driver (which I believe is
available for Netware, OS/2, Windows 3.x, 9x and NT).

Directly accessing the FastTrak as though it were a standard IDE
controller will give you just the stripes from one drive.

Last I heard, Promise wasn't opening the specs and nobody had
come out with a Linux driver. I don't see anything that looks
like a driver in /usr/src/i386/conf/LINT

If the old FastTrak or the FastTrak66 work under FreeBSD, I'd
LOVE to hear about it.