Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:41:50 +0100
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console-only freebsd

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 07:58:12AM -0700, Chris H wrote:

>You might also find this article by Warren Block of value:
>
>http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/hiresconsole.html

interesting, I guess that's another way of looking at it. Bear in mind
though that the cpu really is low powered. On top of that, it's a netbook so
keeping power consumption low is important

In the meantime I've found that links2 might do what I want as it supports
text and graphics in svga/framebuffer.

thanks for the suggestion

--
J.