Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:26:05 -0700
From:      "Sam" <freep@thecity.sfsu.edu>
To:        <mjacob@feral.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Tape problems.

I did try specifying tape length using this command line:

dump -0uB 3500000 -d 61000 -f /dev/nrsa0 /home

the results were impossibly slow (more than 5 hrs for a 9MB dump) and even
then we reached the end of tape and got  "DUMP: write error 3725120 blocks
into volume 1" error message.

matt, I apologize for seeming to ignore your private e-mail. My mails to you
and the group were near simultaneous, and I read all your answers at the
same time. I'm very grateful for all the work and thought you've put in on
our behalf and am sorry for wasting your time by forcing you to read
messages twice,

Sam
Free Print Shop
Website: http://freeprintshop.org