Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 19:04:15 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@go2france.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: the "Pedantic FreeBSD" finally online !!!!!

>Well, just from a quick virst viewing, I'd say "very nice!".  The screenshots
>are an especially nice touch.  Great for newbies to actually be able to see
>what the install looks like, even before running it themselves.

very nice concept and a lot of appreiciated work, but ...

I found the .jpgs too big and too long to load. He needs to reduce the
pixel dimensions by trimming off the content-free screen bevels, decrease
the remaining pixel dimensions as much as possible while retaining
readablity.  File size could be further reduced by increasing .jpg
compression level.

In fact, why use .jpg to produce color screenshots of a two-color crt and
make us wait to DL it?

He ought to investigate whether 16 color .gif would produce the smallest
image sizes.

Len