Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:05:45 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        lance@woodson.com (Lance Woodson), freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No PC-CARD Slots; Device Not Configured

In message <200003150553.HAA63417@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za> John Hay writes:
: What is supposed to do that? In my case the TI PCI-1225 is on a PCI card,
: plugged into a normal PC (not a notebook), so there is probably no special
: BIOS that will do it, if that is what is supposed to do it.

Ah.  Sounds like my setup here.  Or was my setup until my bouncer
machine died.  I've got to get it out of the shop.  Time to call and
complain about how long it is taking.

: I'm trying to figure out how the code works, but I'm haveing a hard time
: with it. Is the probe/attach code in sys/pci/pcic_p.c just a fake to
: print the nice message during probe and should the chip actually be
: probed again in the sys/pccard/* part or how does it fit together?

OK.  Usually the BIOS of the laptop puts the cardbus bridge into
legacy mode.  There's a little bit of code in the attach for pcic-pci
driver for some bridges (namely the CL-PD6832), but not others.  I
have some patches in my tree on the dead machine....  I did
approximately the following.  I added the ID to the probe routine.  I
then added the ID to the attach routine and wrote a legecay init
routine for the TI-12xx.  The only interesting part was that
routine...  I'll see if I can dig it up or at least snag the one I
wrote off the disk...

Is this the Compaq card?  Or a different one?  I seem to recall that
my compaq card had a TI-1221...

Warner