Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:25:12 +0000
From:      <adam@adamretter.eclipse.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, 'Brian Szymanski' <ski@mediamatters.org>
Subject:   Re: well-supported SATA RAID card?

   I use a Hightpoint Rocketraid 1640 under FreeBSD 5 and 6 an= d have
   had no problems with it, works like a dream, I have 3 x 250GB Maxtor=
   drives attached to it in RAID 5 configuration. Highpoint provide the
   drive= r hpt374.ko

   I did have a problem with the driver when I upgraded from= one version
   of 5.x to another, but I hasled Highpoint and they released a = newer
   driver. Have you tried hasling their technical support bods? I have f=
   ound them very good :-)

   Thanks Adam
   On Fri Mar 10 9:01 , "Brian Szymanski" sent:

     Ho= wdy...
     =0D
     =0D After not having much success with the hptmv driver for
     highpoint's
     = =0D rocketraid 1820A, I'm wondering if other folks have had good
     luck with any<= br />=0D SATA RAID cards with at least 6 ports...
     Is there a SATA RAID card with
     =0D utilities that let you manage while the OS is running that
     folks have had=0D good luck with? I've been happy with the megaraid
     series on linux at my
     =0D job, but I'm wondering if the management utilities are there on
     freebsd,
     =0D etc.
     =0D
     =0D Thanks in advance...