Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:31:39 -0400 (edt)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frequent crashing

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Oles' Hnatkevych wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >
> > I'm still having frequent crashes but I've done some reconfiguring
> last
> > four crashes - the system is FreeBSD-2.2.6 from the most recent CD with no
> > patches.  I have the vm patch but have yet to apply it - I'm planning on
> > doing that next but wanted to get this posted from a clean system:
> >
> Trust me - if you see -stable crashes alot, that's your hardware
> problem. Possibly base memory or cache memory. I wonder if NT/OS2
> would work on your PC w/o problems....

It's not -stable, it's whatever was shipped on the 2.2.6 CD which I've
been told is NOT -stable.  I didn't want to start with a patched system,
although I've suspected hardware from the beginning.  Since i's a
production machine, I can't play around with putting OS/2 or anything
else on it (I don't do M$).

BTW, I'm on questions so CCing me is no longer necessary.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow