Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:08:03 -0800
From:      "Joe McCarty" <jmccarty@scoe.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSRepositories

I have installed RANCID and CVSWeb on a Fedora Core 2 box.  RANCID is
fully funcitonal--it can log into my devices, get the configs, increment
versions, and email diffs.

I have the following lines in cvsweb.conf pointing to my RANCID CVS
repository:

@CVSrepositories = (
#        'local'   => ['Local Repository', '/var/cvs'],
#       'freebsd' => ['FreeBSD',          '/var/ncvs'],
#       'openbsd' => ['OpenBSD',          '/var/ncvs'],
#       'netbsd'  => ['NetBSD',           '/var/ncvs'],
#       'ruby'    => ['Ruby',             '/var/anoncvs/ruby'],
         'rancid'  => ['Rancid',           '/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS'],
);

# The default CVS root.  Note that @CVSrepositories is list, not a hash,
# so you'll want to use 2 * 0-based-index-number here; or set this directly
# to the default's symbolic name. Unless specified, the first valid one in
# @CVSrepositories is used as the default.
#
# For example:
#
#$cvstreedefault = $CVSrepositories[2 * 0];
$cvstreedefault = 'rancid';

Pointing my browser at http:/foo.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi, I draw an error
message, "Error: No valid CVS roots found! See @CVSrepositories in the
configuration file (/etc/cvsweb/cvsweb.conf)."

log/httpd/error_log states, "Root '/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS' defined in
@CVSrepositories is not a directory, entry ignored at
/var/www/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi line 491."

The referenced line in cvsweb.cgi is in the following block:

     483 # CVS roots
     484 #
     485 my $rootfound = 0;
     486 for (my $i = 0; $i < scalar(@CVSrepositories); $i += 2) {
     487   my $key = $CVSrepositories[$i];
     488   my ($descr, $root) = @{$CVSrepositories[$i+1]};
     489   $root = canonpath($root);
     490   unless (-d $root) {
     491     warn("Root '$root' defined in \@CVSrepositories is not a
directory, " .
     492          'entry ignored');
     493     next;
     494   }

/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS is indeed a directory, and is the root of the
RANCID CVS tree.  An evironmental variable "CVSROOT" is define for root,
pointing at this folder.  What is my error, and what is the fix?

Thanks!

Notice to Recipient:
  Information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and
  protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, it is
  strictly prohibited to use, disseminate or copy this communication. If you
  have received this in error, please reply to the sender and then delete the
  message.
Thank you.