Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:51:31 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        Lorenzo.Cavassa@CSP.it
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.4/4.0 and NFS

Hello!

There is lockd and rstatd in FreeBSD 4.0, it work properly
only for MFS server not for client. I use it on our FreeBSD
NFS server about 2 month without problem.
You may start it by hand or put some lines in /etc/rc.conf
for auto starting on boot:

nfs_server_enable="YES"         # This host is an NFS server (or NO).
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 15"  # Flags to nfsd (if enabled).

rpc_lockd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.lockd (*broken!*) if nfs_server.
rpc_statd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.statd if nfs_server (or NO).

Grigory.

> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:35:23 -0700
> From: Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
> To: Lorenzo.Cavassa@CSP.it
> Cc: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD 3.4/4.0 and NFS

> Lorenzo Cavassa wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i would like to know if the FreeBSD 3.4 or 4.x NFS implementation is
> > 'NFS-locking-problem' free.
> > I have to run several FreeBSD mail servers with Cyrus (patched to work
> > over NFS) and a NFS backend made with NetAPP filers.
>
> 	There is still no lockd for freebsd. It's being worked on though. More
> information in the -current archives.
>
> Doug
> --
> Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
> acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
>                 -- W. Somerset Maugham

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>