Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:13:36 -0800
From:      Jose Amengual M <jose.amengual@gmail.com>
To:        "Jorge R. Constenla" <jrc@rednetgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Importing jails from 7.0, 7.2 to 8.0.

True...I just did that and works, but the proper procedure to have it a =
fully functional jail on 8.0 without the need of installing compat7x =
port after importing it from 7.0 is what I really want to know.

like a step by step instruction.

On 2010-02-08, at 12:27 PM, Jorge R. Constenla wrote:

> You solve this problem if you add compat7x port
>=20
> Port:   compat7x-amd64-7.2.702000.200906.1
> Info:   A convenience package to install the compat7x libraries
>=20
> Jose Amengual M wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>=20
>> I had a problem with one of my servers in staging so I decided to do =
a clean full install of 8.0 to replace the old 7.0 that was on that =
server. I had 4 jails running on that server at that time and I backup =
the whole /usr/jails directory in another HD and then I try to import =
the jails using ezjail ( that I always used ) and I didn't have any =
problem with the import process, the jail is up but when I tried to =
enter to it gives me errors like :
>>=20
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.4: not found, =
required by "ruby18" etc and none of the services are running.
>>=20
>> My question is :
>>=20
>> Do I need to reinstall portupgrade and reinstall all ports ?
>>=20
>> Did I do the proper export and import process ?
>>=20
>> The jail where running on 7.0 and the basejail dir was from 7.0, now =
is from 8.0 and I understand that I have to do some reinstall or upgrade =
process but I think that I skipped some steps :).