Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:38:24 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PnP probing in -current

Hi,

Since the PnP probing code was made unconditional in the bootup
routines on December 6, I've been having problems with my
Adaptec 1542CP.

I've got my BIOS set to ``non pnp OS'' and my 1542 set to 0x330.
I've never had ``options pnp0'' in my config, and on December 6 (when
isa/pnp.c and isa/pnpprobe.c started being included with isa devices
rather than with ``options pnp*'', the card stopped being probed.

If I skip the code in pnp_identify() in isa/pnp.c, everything works
fine.

Are there any plans to re-optionify this code ?

I can provide more details once I rebuild my machine....  See my
other post about some ata problems, coming to a -current list near
you !

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>