Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:03:25 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        jlin2918@yahoo.com, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, eugen@kuzbass.ru
Subject:   Re: Quagga OSPF binds to wrong interface on FreeBSD 7

Joe Greco wrote:
> Knowing that the patch was correct would also provide some leverage for
> those of us with interest in this code to persuade the Quagga developers
> to do something about this.  As it is, we're left here holding a bag of
> "this patch is supposed to work but we don't really know it is correct."
> So it would be really useful to have such an opinion.

    I understand that this situation has dragged on for some 18 months
since changes went into 7.x. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're
having. I can't speak for Quagga as I haven't worked on it in many
years, nor can I speak for the Quagga patch.

On the other hand: there's a published RFC for the SSM multicast API,
there has been Linux support for this API for quite some time, and at
least one major commercial deployment of it (Microsoft Windows). What's
the real problem here?

cheers
BMS