Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:20:31 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Robert Downes <nullentropy@lineone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named sandbox trouble

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:59:35AM +0100, Robert Downes wrote:
> I'm trying to setup BIND so that my machine understands its own hostname
> (because mySQL refuses to install because the hostname appears invalid
> and the --force option seems to do nothing), and because it would be
> helpful generally.

This doesn't answer your question, as I don't run BIND, but couldn't
you just put an entry in /etc/hosts?

And: you mention MySQL --force option 'seeming to do nothing':  I
have used this option when I'm building from source, and it worked
for me in the past.  What symptoms are you seeing?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842