Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:00:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@keystone.westminster.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install

I've had a running 2.2-STABLE system for a while, but it recently got
severly screwed as a result of a power outage (oops...)
As a result, my root filesysterm got overwritten, and some other bad
things happened.  Thus, I'm reinstalling.
Here's the problem; I downloaded the install floppy for 2.2.2-RELEASE, and
I intend to install through PPP.  I go through all the install crap, dial
into my ISP, login, etc., then start the install.
It bets about 140-200k (varies) into the install of the bin dist, and then
the connection craps out.  Is this a standing bug, or what?

It's also possible that I have an old 2.2.2 floppy, in which case this may
all be moot, but I want to get this system back up ASAP; Win95 just sucks.

Thanks,
- Matthew Fuller