Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:01:07 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Bill Broderick <billbroderick@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What do I do now?

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 05:31:14AM -0800, Bill Broderick wrote:
> I downloaded FreeBSD and got it installed on my computer.
> When I try to use FreeBSD I don't know what to do
> all I can see are a bunch of files and I don't know that much about
> unix.

Well. What do you want to do? Use it for mail, or listen to music or
what?

If you just want to learn UNIX, get yourself a book.

> Can I have a description of what files come in the package and what they
> do?

Wow! FreeBSD is an operating system. Have you ever seen a complete
description of the files that comes with Win NT, Win 95 or Macintosh?

I haven't.

> Does X-windows come in the package.  I have that on my dos drive but I
> don't know how to get to it from Unix and I can't even read from the
> floppy drive in Unix.

If you choosed to install X windows, then it's Žin the packageŽ

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_