Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:23:09 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: [cros-discuss] Hacking possibility? Real or not?

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

Hello,

In the mailing-list about Chromium OS is some interesting discussion
about some attack vector using an USB plug-in with some Raspery system
behind to offer to the OS an USB keyboard and ethernet and at the end
take over the system. More of the discussion here=20

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?hl=3Den#!topic/chromium-os-=
discuss/UqbGh2kHaVw

and the full technical description here:

https://samy.pl/poisontap/

As far as I can see, the same attack would be possible as well on
FreeBSD, maybe not so easy because the devd(8) must be configured and
the module for ethernet on USB cdce(4) must be loaded in advance.

	matthias

----- Forwarded message from Jim Dantin <jim.dantin@gmail.com> -----