Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:14:51 -0800
From:      "Saffa J. Kemokai" <sulima@sulima.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Host name table ..

Hello All:

I am a newbie trying to do big things ..:)

I am trying to set up a host table consisting of a server, 4 PCs in a
LAN kind of environement. In my other life, I would setup these up on
what we call "host table". On this table, you give the machine name,
domain, IP netmask ...etc. I am aware that "ifconfig" with various
parameters can set some of these. I checked "addional network setup"
portion of user configuration file. Is there a file you can use a text
editor to define the hosts? What is it called and how can I access it?

I will appreciate any suggestions ..

Sincerely

Saffa J. Kemokai @ Browns Mills, NJ
Sulima Freedom Information Project