Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 02:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Dennis <jim@starshine.org>
To:        bala@cst.com.au (Bala Periasamy)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting NCPFS using NFS

> I have got a linux machine which has mounted novell netware 3.12
> on to the file system. IT is mounted as type ncpfs on to it.
>
> I am exporting this mount point to FreeBSD. But when I try to do a
> mount of this mount from linux. It gets a permission denied.

	The man pages and/or docs from the last version of ncpfs that
	I read about specified this as a specific limitation of the
	package.  Search of NFS.  The programmer gave some reason
	for this (which I don't recall -- but it was a technical
	problem for which he didn't have a suitable solution -- something
	about maintaining virtual inodes (and how netware doesn't have
	anything that corresponds to an inode)).

> I have got in my exports file on linux
> /dir (ro,insecure)
>
> For me it looks like, even though I do a NFS export of the NCPFS
> filesystem, the NFS server on my linux box denies permission.

	That sounds like the documented behaviour.

> Can someone shine some light on this problem??@$@#

	It's probably not the answer you want -- but I hope it's
	what you needed.  You could try the Caldera  (I don't know
	it's behaviour WRT this) or you could look for an NFS NLM
	package (maybe some Netware hack has put together a
	(free|share)ware one -- or maybe Novell has lowered their prices
	on their's.

Jim Dennis,
Starshine Technical Services