Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:20:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      FREDERICK NEAL TILLERY <cs1250dm@classes.csc.lsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   User PPP Connection Problem

I am using 2.2.5-Release and the newest version of User PPP.  I
successfully negotiate an IP from my ISP and set his IP as the default
route every time I connect.  Unfortunately what seems to be every other
day, I can't ping the other end of the PPP connection.  The next day
everything works find and I can talk to the rest of the Internet without
having made any configuration changes.

I know that my modem and phone line work fine since I can boot
into Win95 on the same box and connect without any problems.  I'm trying
to isolate this problem to either my end or my ISPs.  I've checked the
FAQ, Handbook,  _Complete_FreeBSD_, and the mailing list archives and
could find nothing similar to this problem.  Has anyone seen this before?
If needed I can post a copy of my ppp.conf, ppp.linkup, and ppp.log files.

Thanks in advance.

-- Neal Tillery
-- cs1250dm@classes.csc.lsu.edu