Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:50:37 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   status of Xircom RBEM56

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

Hi,

I recently got a laptop with a Xircom RBEM56 card. A generic 4.5-RELEASE
didn't recognize it however; pccard mumbles something about the card
"(null)""(null)" not being found in pccard.conf. After reinserting the
card it correctly says '32 bit CardBus not supported'.

After some searching on the web, I found that I need to
- run -CURRENT
- compile a kernel from NEWCARD instead of GENERIC

Is the above still true? If so, I'd have to burn myself a -CURRENT release
CD, then install it and then compile a new kernel before I can use it, which
is a bit of a long procedure to get into. Can anyone confirm that I'm on
the right track?

Private replies please, I'm not (yet) on the list...

--Stijn

--=20
"Linux has many different distributions, meaning that you can probably find
one that is exactly what you want (I even found one that looked like a Unix
system)."
		-- Mike Meyer, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,
			in message <15252.28617.61423.224978@guru.mired.org>

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA