Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:26:54 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another firewall question - spoofing prevention and syntax

On 10/09/01 03:48 AM, Crist J. Clark sat at the `puter and typed:
> > . . .
>
> "(null)" is not a valid interface specification. However,
>
>   # Refuse incoming packets pretending to be from the external address.
>   ipfw add deny log all from $IPADDR to any in
>
>   # Refuse incoming packets claiming to be from a Class A, B or C
>   private network
>   ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_A to any in
>   ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_B to any in
>   ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_C to any in
>
> Is perfectly vaild.

Ok, but does this discriminate the interface?  If I have an internal
network using an IP range in one of these classes, won't this kill it?

Thanks again
Lou

PS.  I'll send the rc.firewall on the other thread with the sections
applicable above commented out, as I did until I could ensure its
correctness.
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our certitude.