Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 1995 03:46:31 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal 1: category name changes

> As Satoshi Asami wrote:
> >
> > I would like to propose that all the category names for packages be
> > changed to match those of subdirectories (e.g., "networking" ->
> > "net").  You won't believe how many times I had to go delete the
> > "utils" or "net" or "emulators" subdirectory in the packages dir.
>
> Fully agreed!

I agree also.  Not having the category names match the dirs was not
one of my better ideas.  Though I'd almost be motivated to vote that
the change go in the other direction (long directory names) and just
deal with the CVS pain and the shouts of the 8.3 weenies who were
%@*$!'d on the directory names a long time ago anyway.. :)

					Jordan