Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:10:57 -0400
From:      "The Jetman" <jetman516@hotmail.com>
To:        "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Mobile" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: wi0 watchdog timeout

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To: <jetman516@hotmail.com>
Cc: <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:01 AM

> On 20 Apr, The Jetman wrote:
>
> >     I solved this recently, altho I can't be absolutely certain which
> > change I made did the trick.  However, this is all that I did (BTW,
> > I have since put up a another wireless/FBSD box, so I must have
> > something rite): disable COM2 to ensure its use of IRQ3 doesn't conflict
> > w/ the PC card.  I also explicitly coded the pcic0 stmt in the kernel
>
> COM2 is on IRQ 10 here...

    I think you missed my point.  The watchdog timeout is (I'm pretty
certain) due to an IRQ conflict.  On my desktops, COM2 uses IRQ3 which
is the IRQ that FBSD tried to use for the PCCard.  So my suggestion
is to look for another device that uses the same IRQ (from dmesg's
output.)  Disable/remove the device that tries to share the same IRQ as
your PCCard and reboot.  Hopefully that'll do it....Jet

===============  From the desk of Jethro Wright, III  ================
+  It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a  +
+  warning to others.                                                +
===  jetman516@hotmail.com  ===============================  Anon  ===