Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:50:04 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        FreeBSD - Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   using Linux aaccli in a cron job

Hi

I have a 5.4-R system with an Adaptec 2200S.  I also have Linux
emulation running and the aac_linux kernel module installed and I can
run the aaccli program successfully in a terminal window and use it
to check status of the RAID controller.  However, if I do it from a
cron job (same script as I run in a terminal) I get no output.
aaccli uses terminal control commands and I suspect it is detecting
that it is not connected to a terminal and hence not running.
However, I so-far have not been able to get the Cron output to check
for errors due to the fact that the mail server rejects it for not
having a valid From/Sender and cron does not seem to set a From on
its mail or something.

Any ideas on how to get this aaccli program to run in a cron job?

Adaptec really took a step backwards when they went to this aaccli
from the earlier raidutils used with asr devices.  The output is
cryptic and a pita to work with.

Thanks
Chad

---