Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:13:01 -0700
From:      "Mark Stout" <mcs@vpm.com>
To:        "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc:        jackbarnett@gmail.com, illoai@gmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Upgrading to 6.2-RELEASE from 6.2-STABLE

It lists all available drives mount points and then some, e.g. fd0, da0,
da01, da01s, da0s1a, da0s1b, da0s1c, etc., etc.  None of which mounts.
Below is my /etc/fstab.  So obviously da0s1a or /dev/da0s1a should mount.
But it doesn't.  I had to go into the loader prompt, unload the kernel, load
the old kernel and that booted the system.  Now I've restored the backup
copy of my /etc directory from /var/tmp/etc and I re-ran a new buildworld
and buildkernel.  Now I'm about to go and do the installworld and
installkernel.   But I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what
happened before I do.

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/da0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/da0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/da1s1e             /data           ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/da0s1g             /radius         ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/da0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/da0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/wcd0c              /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0