Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:52:50 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Nicole Harrington <nicole@mediacity.com>
Cc:        The experts <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BIND (WAS: Re: 2.2.6-BETA OOP-ACK-BLEH sendmail 8.8.8 won't compile)

Nicole Harrington wrote:

> Hmm
>  I know that we have been using 8.1.1 for awhile now for primary and secondary
> NS for a very large number of domains and it does very well. It does have a
> small learning curve though.

	Me too. :) But the performance of the named binary while running an
actual nameserver is an entirely different issue from the resolver
libraries, other libraries and headers that are built into every part of
the system, whether you're running a nameserver or not. I realize it's a
rather arcane thing if you're not familiar with how unix binaries are
built, but trust me, it's apples and oranges.

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest