Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:12:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with PCMCIA cards

In a previous message, Mike Smith said:
> Alright, we're getting somewhere.  The stray irq 11 implies that 11 may
> be a bad choice for your system.  Check your hardware documentation and
> make sure that 11 isn't used by the onboard sound system, or the PCI
> bus (eg. in my Toshiba IRQ 11 is assigned for internal PCI peripherals).

Hmm. Ok. I wasn't allowed any documentation for the machine. I'm not sure
why. Corporate people are trying to support it on NT. I'll see what I
can dig up.

> > Tuple #7, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
> >     000:  21 08 aa 60 f8 02 07
> > 	Config index = 0x21
> > 	Card decodes 10 address lines, 8 Bit I/O only
> > 		I/O address # 1: block start = 0x2f8 block length = 0x8
>
> This is probably the best CI to use; it sits on the sio1 address.
>
> As I quoted before, the entry :
>
> card "Megahertz" "XJ4336-CC4336"
>         config  0x21 "sio1" 5
>
> works for me.  You might want to try this (make very sure that the
> interupt you nominate in the card spec is listed as available at the
> top of the file...

IRQ 5 is used by the SB-Pro compatiable thing. I've got OSS running it
nicely. Maybe IRQ 7

--
"If they took away our sticks and gave us brooms, we'd still
 have fights." --Phil Esposito of the NHL's New York Rangers