Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:38:10 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems loading RV620 firmware

--1Om4ONGrHdlB84GAV0UIQoR4nC1hF4xS9

On 18.07.2014 15:26, Pete French wrote:
>> How do you tell that the machine is locked up? Are you unable to reach=

>> it using ssh?
>=20
> I am sitting in fornt of it - garbage comes up on the top few
> lines of the screen,. The rest goes back. unresponsibve to
> keyboard, or mouse. Cant ping it remotely. Power
> button does nothing.

Can you configure kernel dumps and add the following sysctl to
/etc/sysctl.conf?

debug.debugger_on_panic=3D0

I'm not sure you have a kernel crash, but it could be the case and the
computer could be sitting in the debugger waiting for your commands.

>> Could you please try with syscons, instead of VT?
>=20
> I havent tried that yet, but I can give that a go later - does
> 'GENERIC' still use syscons ? The commens imply it does, but I
> thought it had changed over to using vt.

No, syscons is still the default in GENERIC for all branches of FreeBSD.

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron