Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:22:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      freebsd@fongaboo.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   beadm basics

I'm trying to learn ZFS and beadm. I wanted to do a proof-of-concept, so I
ran 'beadm create <instance>', then ran 'beadm activate <instance>'.

I then installed something from ports (in this case, zfs-stats). I
reactivated the default instance in beadm and rebooted. BUt I am still
seeing zfs-stats installed.

In my understanding of beadm, shouldn't the machine be in the state it was
prior to the zfs-stats install?

  shot through the heart              ooh baby do you know what that's worth
  and you're to blame                         ooh heaven is a place on earth
  darling you give love                  they say in heaven love comes first
  a bad name                              we'll make heaven a place on earth
  ORBITAL                                                     "Halcyon Live"