Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 02:54:55 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Removeable media support

    I found several old mailing lists messages pertaining to using a
Syquest removeable drive and an Iomega floptical with FreeBSD.  Are
there any quirks to their operation?  I assume I can just stick in a
cartridge with a proper filesystem and mount it?  My Apple IIGS should
be arriving in my hands sometime next week after clearing customs in
Taiwan, and I'm thinking of connecting it's PLI floptical drive to the
FreeBSD box.  No particular reason, just want to try it out.  Anyone
else using this piece of hardware?

    BTW, would it be difficult to hack umount(8) to send a SCSI EJECT
call with, say, the -e switch?
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org